Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sat Sept 6th: Laundry day

What an interesting day…we carried our laundry to the only Laundromat in town.  They had 4 washers and 2 dryers; of course there was a line.  So off we went to grab a drink and snack, sit in the park and read ...then recheck availability.  Lady luck was on our side, a free machine; I stuffed it full, put in my 8EU (about $10) and then tried to figure out how to use it.  Without hesitation a lady  waiting to do laundry jumped in to assist me.  That’s how it is here.  No one lets you struggle for long; people tend to jump in to help, without needing to ask.  Within 30 min "Begonia" and I had made a date for the next day to go out and have drinks and pintxos together. 
To make the day even better, I came home to a “lift you off your feet “ hug from Ander, who lived with us last year for a month.  It had been 9 months since we last saw him in California.
We looked up to see the rest of the family including grandma waving down at us from the balcony, just back from their Mediterranean cruise.   Brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.



Parte Viejo- San Sebastian









No comments:

Post a Comment